http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, September 17, 2017

BEST DAY EVER - Single Page Layout
(Dusty Attic DT + Lindy's & Scrap The Girls Challenges)


Well, Summer is almost over here in my part of the world *sob*,
so I'm already thinking up some Fall themed layouts and here is one
using many Dusty Attic chipboard pieces, other DA goodies
and inspired by 2 awesome challenges from Lindy's and Scrap the Girls.


For my colour palette and the overall theme of my layout,
I was inspired by the September Challenge at Lindy's which 
offers this mood board that made me think of the Fall season.


I unfortunately did not own many Lindy's sprays in these particular shades,
but I had to make do with what I had as I absolutely wanted to play along.

I ended up spraying a combination of Cape Cod Coral, C'est la vie Cerise,
and Fuzzy Navel Peach on my background and although not from 
the mood board palette,  I added a little Silver Moon Sapphire 
embossing powder on some of my chipboard.

The other challenge that inspired me is this fabulous 



These photos of me were taken last Autumn season right next to my house.
My neighbour has a nice maple tree in his yard that turns beautiful fiery colors
at this time of year, and I just couldn't pass up such a beautiful photo opportunity.

Now let's take a look at some detailed shots of my page
with more information on the Dusty Attic products used.


I chose to use the Best Day Ever title piece which I simply colored in dark
brown Copic marker.  Underneath it, you can see the Mystic Frame #2 
and an Elegant Frame which I covered with Color in Bloom Vintage Gold paint, 
some Clear Crackle Varnish and a tiny bit of Lindy's embossing powder.


I love the Page Pebbles and Decorative Dots sets from Dusty Attic
as they are the perfect addition to decorate your project.


Along with many other brand flowers to match my colour palette 
(and because I am just addicted to flowers), 
I added a few from the Dusty in Bloom collection in beautiful Grassy Knoll.


On the background, I sprayed some Lindy's mist and dabbed
some DA Oceania paint and added some textured design
using the Criss-Cross stencil with modeling paste.


I hope that I was able to inspire you today with this Fall layout!

Make sure to visit the Dusty Attic website HERE to view
 all their available chipboard designs and other fabulous products
and their blog HERE for lots of DT daily inspiration!

Dusty Attic Supply List


Chipboard


Dusty in Bloom
Dusty in Colour
Vintage Gold - DA0926
Stencil

Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! you have put a lot of work into this lovely page Nicole! It's gorgeous!!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gos that's a gorgeous layout, i'm so in love with your work! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layering and mixed media on the layout, and I love the colours Nicole. Gorgeous layout. Thanks for joining us at STG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is awesome Nicole and a fabulous use of my sketch. Totally loving the colours, layers, textures! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap the Girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super great take on the challenge!!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you've scrapped yourself!! well done and thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete