http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, March 3, 2017

Just Like A Fairytale
(Scraps of Elegance DT - 'Watercolor Wishes' Kit
& Berry71bleu March Challenge)


I am back today with one more creation using the Scraps of Elegance 'Watercolor Wishes' kit!


My layout was inspired by this splendid mood board for the Berry71bleu March challenge:


To me, the mood board images not only represent Spring and vintage beauty,
but also a slight hint of old castles and magic and fairytales.

This why I chose to scrapbook a photo I took years ago of the Chateau Frontenac based in the Canadian province of Quebec.  It is a very famous tourist attraction and is elegant and gorgeous, even if amid the busy city streets.  I chose the title 'Just Like a Fairytale' because that is what I remember thinking when I saw it!


This classic woodgrain paper from the 49 and Market 'Heirloom Botannicals' collection found in the Scraps of Elegance kit seemed perfect as the base of my layout.  I went with a little paler yellows than on the mood board as I wanted to keep my page soft and romantic.


I added some brick design stenciling and misted the background with yellow, teal and rusty brown.  


Below you can see lots of the gorgeous flowers from the main kit and floral add-on.  I misted a few in teal and added a tiny Florence Flask from the Elements add-on that I filled with microbeads and decorated this flower arrangement with some Prima Metal Patina Trinket Birds, also included in the Elements add-on.


I think you will be able to agree that this place looks magical.


Thank you Berry71bleu for the inspiration and Scraps of Elegance for the kit!!

To learn more about Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance kits, click HERE.


Elements Add-On


Floral Add-On



3 comments:

  1. Nicole thank you for joining us at Berry71 for our March Moodboard challenge - you layout is absolutely beautiful - so much detail xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning...your page is just fabulous! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, love the way you got inspired by our moodboard and you did a great job. Lovely details. Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Blue!

    ReplyDelete