http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, May 16, 2014

Our Story (2Crafty DT Reveal & OUAS Challenge)

This is part II of my 2Crafty Chipboard DT reveal.

To see yesterday's creation, click HERE and to see my full May reveal, visit the 2Crafty blog.


Like with yesterday's layout, this one was inspired by the May sketch and journaling challenge at Once Upon a Sketch.  Because I didn't get the chance to play along last month, I thought I'd enter twice this month.  The journaling theme is 'Anything Goes' and this lovely sketch is provided as inspiration. 


Love is definitely my favorite scrapbooking subject.  I adore creating page after page in homage of my fiance Yves and I's love story.  On this layout, I actually wrote our love story on a tag tucked behind the picture.  It recounts how we first encountered one another on a social media website and how it took months of random messages before we actually decided to meet in person... as friends.  However, the friendship soon grew into something more and 8 years later, I couldn't be happier, sharing my life with the most wonderful man on earth.



The different 2Crafty chipboard pieces used on this layout were treated with white gesso, Luminarte silks, Liquitex natural sand, and layers after layers of paints in order to get the perfect shade of rusty brown that i was looking for.

Let's start off with showing you the Our Story Title laid over a Francesca's Journal Frame.


I used the larger frame from the Square Leafy Frame Set to put around my design.

 

I did a lot of stenciling with molding paste on my background as seen here.


Cutting a Large Corner Flower Vine into 3 different pieces, I tucked each piece and added them behind in and around my flower clusters.


The word love which I stuck at the bottom of the picture was taken off the Love Border.


As you can see, 2Crafty offers numerous elegant and romantic chipboard designs to make any love-themed layout extra special.  Click HERE to see more!

Thank you Once Upon a Sketch for the double inspiration this month!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Nicole....just stopping by to say how Gorgeous your 2Crafty post and layouts are....love the chippies, colours. and the story. Gorgeous work! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! I saw this on our OUAS FB page...I'm sooo not good at chippy...but you totally ROCK using it:):) I'm so glad you've found such inspiration with this sketch & of course, THANKYOU for letting us know where your journaling is...ADORE that love story, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and like Lizzy I am not good at chippy but you did rock this one it is beautiful as is your story. Long may it continue. Good on you entering twice. :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete