http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dream Big (Scrap Around the World Challenge 13)

I did it!
I created a mixed media style layout in record time, a little over 2 hours of creating!  I have to admit that i am usually a fairly slow scrapper, over thinking it, stressing over it, brainstorming longer than i should, wanting to start all over again when i'm barely half-finished.

But with this layout, since i knew that the deadline is barely 2 days away, 
i knew i couldn't waste any time and had to just dive into it.
Let my creativity do the creating, so to speak. hehe

I left all pressure at the door and just created for the sheer unadulterated fun of it!

And i LOVE my layout!


You might have guessed that my layout was created for the  
EPIC ANNIVERSARY EVENT COMPETITION over at Scrap Around the World 
and was inspired by this fabulous celebratory mood board.


All month, i was hoping to be able to play along with this challenge, 
but it seems that every time i decided to start, life had other plans.  
When i saw SATW's reminder today on FB, i thought, it's now or never!  
I just knew i couldn't pass up this opportunity of celebrating with one of the best 
challenge blogs out there.  The last year, i have been inspired by each and 
every one of their mood boards, whether or not i was able to participate.  
And the prizes...  oh, the prizes!  
As the title of my layout says... i dare to DREAM BIG! :)

Now enough rambling, let's take a close look at my layout...



At first sight of the mood board almost a month ago, i knew which picture that i was going to use for this challenge.  This is my friend Nathalie's son Tristan when he celebrated his 1st birthday, just like the SATW blog.  Doesn't he look totally dreamy?

If you didn't already know, 2Crafty Chipboard is one of the many sponsors of this big event so i had to use lots of 2Crafty chippies on my page.  I used the Dream Big tile, one medium View Finder, and two of the Circle Revolution Frames set which are my favorite!

 I did some mixed media work on my background... stenciling with gesso and molding paste 
and then misting with different shades of Glimmer Mists.

The blue chipboard pieces were colored using Glimmer Mist and the red ones using silk glazes.
Once my layout was all put together, I dabbed some white gesso over most everything as i love to do, 
to give it a white wash feel and soften my page up a little.


And there you go!  I am so happy to have finally been able to play along!

If you haven't, there is still time!  I created my layout under 2 hours so you can do it also.

Visit Scrap Around the World to find out all about this special challenge 
and the amazing prizes to be won!

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect layout! Love the picture and love the whole layout! Awesome :)
    Thank you for playing along with us at SATW <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so gorgeous page! The picture is so cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around he World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love those colours and photo is just cute :)
    Thank you for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is goergous. I love the little stars and the colours. Thank you very much for playing along with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Nicole! I love how you treated your chippies! Thanks for playing along with SATW! Glad you made it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!!! Adorable photo and gorgeous layout!!

    ReplyDelete