http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Him (2Crafty DT Reveal - Part 1)

Another month, another 2Crafty DT reveal for me!
 
 Here is the first layout that i created and share today on the 2Crafty blog.
 
him

As you can see, I did a lot of mixed media work on the left side of my layout using different stencils, gesso, Glimmer Mists and Liquid pearls.  I used the same mixture on most of the chipboard pieces, adding some Distress Stains here and there. Below, you can see that I used the Dainty Alphabet for my title and adorned it with one of the very versatile Adornment Set 2.

The Tiny Leaf Stems were perfect for tucking behind my flower cluster.


I adore bracket shapes and the Frame Bracket Borders are a must-have.  You get 5 pieces in one and they are perfect to add a little something in the corner of a layout where you need a little pizzazz.

In the next 2 images, you will see that I cut the rectangle Frame Flourish and created 2 corners for my picture which I stitched on.


The next image shows more closely the grungy texture that the mix of gesso (heated with a heat gun) and layers upon layers of different Distress Stains have given my chipboard pieces, including this leafy wing shape from the Adornment Set 1.  Who knew that the rusted metal look could be so endearing?  hehe 

And now, one final look at... him. :)
 
Come back tomorrow to see my 2nd creation this month using this fabulous chipboard.
 
If you can't wait, then go on the 2Crafty blog and you can see my full reveal today!

3 comments:

  1. Superbe page Nicole! Pas toujours facile de mixer fleurs et homme mais tu le réussis à merveille!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page Nicole!! Fabulous colours and amazing textures ... really gorgeous!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is marvellous.. brilliant male layout!

    ReplyDelete