http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, August 19, 2013

Tutorial Day for My Creative Scrapbook

Earlier this month, i shared with you some layouts i created with the August Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook and promised you another project along with a tutorial.  My tutorial is also shared on the MCS blog.  Every day, MCS offers you loads of tips, techniques and inspiration from the DT.

Today i will show you how i made this very color-fun Easel Card.


Using some sturdy cardstock, cut a piece 12 inches by 6 inches.

 I then scored my cardstock at 4 inch, 6 inch and 8 inch, then folded along the scored lines.

I flipped my cardstock over and rolled some glue tape on the inner fold of one of the 2 inch sections.

I then attached the glued section to the 4 inch adjacent section.

That larger piece (seen on the left) will now be the upright front panel.  The piece on the right is the bottom of your card (back panel).

On the back panel, i added a strip of 6 inch x 2 inch piece of cardstock.  This piece will show on the base of the card when the card is folded and displayed easel-style.

I also added some trim, tucking each end underneath the pattern paper (as shown in the 2nd image below).


On the front panel of my card, i added a 6 inch by 3 1/2 inch blue paper to give the illusion of sky.

Next, i ripped some pieces of the green paper and layered them on the bottom of the front panel.

I also decided to add a piece of red ribbon on the card base just over the lace trim.

I added some flowers that i fussy-cut out of the pattern paper on both the front and back panels.

Here, you can see what the card looks like so far, folded.
 

Side view.  You see that the flower on the base is folded up a little to hold the card upright.

Next come the embellishments.  I painted the chipboard fence white and stuck it with GlueDots on the front panel, and then added one of the Prima blooms on the base of the card.

I then followed with some butterfly stickers, a chipboard sentiment and the top portion of 2 of the Pink Paislee butterflies included in the kit.
 

I was missing a few letters out of the kit to spell out the words i needed so i used my Dymo Tape Dispenser to add the rest of the sentiment, and then added some more fussy-cut flowers.

Below, you see the rest of the back panel which is only seen when the card is opened.
 
 
 A few more close-up shots:



Have you created an Easel Card before?  If not, i urge you to do so.  They're always very popular and are bound to make a special person in your life very happy!

Thank you for joining me today!

1 comment: