http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, August 3, 2013

My August 2Crafty DT Reveal - Part 1

Can you believe i'm already done half of my 6-month term with the 2Crafty DT?  The 2Crafty chipboard is so awesome that i hope that i get to stay on the DT until i'm 80!!!  That's not wishful thinking, is it?  hehe  If you haven't already done so, check out all the Summer new releases recently uploaded to the 2Crafty website, and if you like what you see, tell your LSS that they need to get some of this chipboard right now for their customers!

I won't make you wait any longer... here is my first August project:


I don't get to scrapbook yellow and blue very often even though i love those colors. 
And with the risk of sounding vain, i have to say that i love this picture of myself.  I seem so carefree, so happy, so... in love with the photographer (my bf Yves hehehe)

 Here you can see i used one of the many beautiful 2Crafty titles "Enjoy This Moment, This Moment Is Your Life" which i dabbed with a little white paint and then added just a touch of light yellow.  I treated all the chipboard pieces (except for the mermaid) pretty much the same way.


And of course, you know that I can't help sharing a close-up of the blooms :)

How about these gorgeous Cog Nested Frames?  I love them, and there are so many in a pack that i have lots left over for other projects.
  

A smaller Cog Frame
  

I also used some of the Skeleton Leaves which i love so much that i ordered some more for the rest of my stay with the DT.

They come in different sizes and look wonderful tucked behind any flower cluster, no matter the style of your layout.

And now for the main focus of my layout...  the Mermaid 

You can't really tell because of the amount of products i ended up using on my mermaid, but i first covered it with layers of the same blue ribbon bordering my page vertically.  I then dabbed it with gesso, blue stain, then a thick coat of Glossy Accents.  Then i sprinkled a little glitter on top and added some white paint to give it a foamy look as if she just dove out of the ocean :P


Hope you will try out these techniques too.

That's it for today.  Come back tomorrow to see another 2Crafty project.

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful! I love these colors together, and yes the photo is stunning, happy and free and natural!!

    ReplyDelete